|(1) No matter how much wisdom you have, beseech Allah to guide you on the right path, whatever the field of enquiry or activity you are taking after. Seek Allah’s help to keep you very close to the ways and means of the righteous and the pious servants of Allah (the Holy Prophet and his Ahl ul Bayt), the surest road to success, in this and the next world, and to keep you away from the dishonest methods and hypocritical attitude of the astray devils (the followers of the accursed shaytan), although they may appear profitable for a little while, but finally bring ruin and destruction in the end.
Keep us (O Lord) on the right path, the path of those upon whom You have bestowed Your bounties, not (the path) of those, inflicted with Your wrath, nor (of those) gone astray.
IHDINAS’S’IRAAT’AL MUSTAQEEM S’RAAT’AL LAD’EENA AN-A’MTA A’LAYHIM GHAYRIL MAGHZ’’OOBI A’LAYHIM WA LAZ’’ Z’’AALLEEN
(AL FAATIH’AH: 6 and 7)
(2) Prophet Ibrahim and Prophet Isma-il while building up the house of Allah, the holy ka’bah, prayed to Allah for the successful completion of their project.Putting in the best efforts does not make your labour fruitful, because there are many unknown and uncontrollable forces working in the universe that can bring disappointment if Allah, who not only knows but has total control over all things and events, does not help you. So always invoke Allah by reciting this verse in the traditions of His prophets, whenever you take up a job, which has not been prohibited.
Also recite this verse at the end of any good deed-after praying and wajib or sunnah salat, or when you have read whole or part of the holy Quran, in a single sitting, or after attending a majlis (a religious gathering for mentioning the merits of the Holy prophet and his Ahl ul Bayt). Recitation of this verse is also recommended for seeking fulfillment of any legitimate desire.
O our Lord, accept (this service) from us. Verily You and You (alone) are the hearer, the knower.
RABBANAA TAQABBAL MINNA INNAKA ANTAS SAMEE-U’L A’LEEM
(AL BAQARAH: 127)
(3) This verse tells us not to turn to anyone but Allah to ask for fulfillment of all our wants and needs, and also makes it clear that there is no other way to get satisfaction of our desires except to invoke Allah, who answers whenever called by a supplicant. It brings you near Allah and keeps you on the right path. Allah answers to the cry for help because the love of Allah for His servants is much greater than the love of a mother for her children. This dua’a may be recited before and other dua’a as it helps to get nearness of Allah and to have complete faith in Him alone; and because Allah says He will answer whenever He is called. This verse makes the recitation of dua’as necessary and obligatory for all Muslims. (Please see Imam’s saying at the beginning).
To multiply livelihood and to obtain fulfillment of legitimate desires recite this verse 700 times after performing wudu and before praying any wajib salat. It can be reduced to 70 times or 7 times according to your convenience.
And when my servants ask you about Me, then (say to them that) verily I am very near; I answer the prayers of the supplicant when he beseeches Me. So they should hear My call, and believe in Me, so that They may be led aright.
WA ID ‘AA SA-ALAKA I’BAADEE A’NNEE FA INNEE QAREEB UJEEBU DA’-WATADDAA-I’ID’AA DA-A’ANI FAL-YASTAJEEBOO LEE WAL YOO-MINOO BEE LA-A’LLAHUM YARSHUDOON
(AL BAQARAH: 186)
(4) According to this verse, short and temporary life in this world is as important as the eternal life in hereafter.
Although good in the permanent life of hereafter is the aim of all Muslims, but good in this world is also necessary because man has been asked by his creator Lord to take part in all activities of this world without breaking the rules and regulations, made by Him. So beseech Him for the good in both the worlds.This verse is generally recited as qunoot in all prayers.It can be recited at the time of walking around (tawaf) the holy ka’-bah.
Our Lord, give us good in this world, and good in the hereafter, and save us from the torment of fire.
RABBANAAA AATINAA FIDDUNYAA H’ASANATAW WA FIL AAKHIRATI H’ASANATAW WA QINAA A’D’AABAN NAAR
(AL BAQARAH: 201)
(5) This verse teaches us to pray for grant of patience and perseverance in the face of trials and tribulations of this world so that we remain faithful to the true religion of Allah, even if deprived of the comforts of life, as these two aspects of our character makes us fight our enemies and the enemies of Allah.
If we read the life account of Holy prophet, Imam Ali and their infallible descendants, we find that their lives were the true exposition of this verse. Recite this dua’a in the times of trial, and to undo and put an end to the intrigues of your enemies.
O OUR lord, pour patience down on us, and make our foothold firm, and help us against the disbelieving people.
RABANAAA AFRIGH A’LAYNAA S’ABRAW WA THABBIT AQDAMANAA WAN S’URNAA A’LAL QAWMIL KAAFIREEN
(Al BAQARAH: 250)
(6) The right path (what to do and what not to do) has been clearly shown to man by Allah. These commandments are very easy to follow, not beyond our capacity, as the Holy prophet once said: :”I have brought for you a very easy religion.”
Now man is responsible for what he does. If we make mistakes, by breaking laws of Allah, we must admit our mistakes and humbly and sincerely seek forgiveness of our merciful Lord, who not only forgives faults but helps us to overcome our enemies and the enemies of Allah; and in this way, keeps away from us hardships and sorrows that they (enemies) might bring if Allah does not stop them, in answer to our supplications.
Through this prayer we pray for the triumph of truth over falsehood and the suppression of satanic tendencies by godliness, and ask Allah not to inflict on us situations under which we may not be able to avoid wrongdoing. After acknowledging our limitations we undertake to work at our maximum capacity, hoping that through His mercy HE will wipe clean all traces of errors and mistakes.
O our Lord, do not hold us responsible if we forget or make a mistake. O our Lord, do not lay on us a burden such as You laid on those before us. O our Lord, do not impose upon us that which we have not the strength (to bear). Pardon us, and forgive us, and have mercy on us. You are our Lord-master, so help us against the unbelieving people.
RABBANAA LAA TOO-AKHID’NAA IN-NASEENAA AW AKHT’AANAA RABBANAA WALAA TAH’MIL A’LAYNAA IS’RAN KAMAA HA’MALTAHOO A’LAL LAZEENA MIN QABLENAA RABBANAA WA LAA TUH’AMMILNA MAA LAA TAAQATA LANAA BEHI WA’-FU A’NNAA WAGHFIRLANAA WARH’AMNAA ANTA MAWLANAA FANS’URNAA A’LAL QAWMIL KAAFIREEN
(Al BAQARAH: 286)
(7) It is better to be careful and recite this dua’a in advance so that we may not change our heart and mind (follow another religion) after accepting the true religion of Allah, Islam, the only right path. This prayer is a precaution to avoid possible perversion of the mind and the heart after accepting divine guidance. The purpose of our lives in this temporary and transient world is to make preparation for the eternal life of the hereafter. To strengthen you faith recite this dua’a in every wajib as well as Sunnah salat.
O our Lord, do not suffer our hearts to go astray after You have (rightly) guided us, grant us mercy from You, for verily You and You (alone) are the ever bestower.
RABBANAA LAA TUZIGH QULOOBANAA BA’-DA ID’HADAYTANAA WA HAB LANAA MIL LADUNKA RAH’MAH INNAKA ANTAL WAHHAAB
(ALI IMRAN: 8)
(8) Sovereignty belongs to Allah. He is the sole and ultimate authority in the domains of creation and legislation. Every thing is created by Him, so total submission to His will is Islam, which has been described in these verses in the form of a prayer. The Holy Prophet and his Ahl ul Bayt have rightly advised the believers to recite this prayer ay all occasions, so that the conviction in the omnipotence of the almighty Lord permeates their hearts and minds to guide them in all their mental and physical activities. A complete resignation to Allah’s will is possible only when man believes that it is Allah who alone can do and undo things, conceivable and inconceivable, easy and difficult. Then the grace of the Lord abounds, because in His hand is all good. There should be no complaint, nor grudge, nor frustration. With total resignation to His will, man must pray and invoke His mercy to obtain fulfillment of his or her legitimate wants and needs.
He (Allah) and He alone, and no one else, bestows upon whomsoever He chooses, the power to exercise authority, in this world, or in the hereafter. To some he gives power in this world though many of them do not follow his commandments. We must not get confused. It is not our lookout because knowledge of things, persons and events is hopelessly very little. He knows why He has done so. Abdullah Ibni Abbas said that this verse may contain the great name of Allah, ismi azam. If this dua’a is recited with realization of its meaning, the realization of His absolute sovereignty and His exclusive right and option, Allah will fulfill the legitimate desires of the reciter of this dua’a.
Not to be proud and arrogant after achieving success, in this world, recite this dua’a regularly.
According to the Holy prophet whoso recited these verses daily after the Fajr salat, gets sufficient means of livelihood. Also the reciter gets enough funds to repay loans. To discard nervousness in big public gatherings, or if there is fear of a person or a group of persons recite this dua’a.
O Allah, master of the kingdom. You give kingdom to whomsoever You like and take away the kingdom from whosoever You like. You exalt whomsoever you like and abases whomsoever You like; in Your hand is the good; verily You have the power over all things. You cause the night to pass into the day, and You cause the day to pass into the night; You bring forth the living from the dead, and You bring forth the dead from the living, and You give sustenance to whom You like, without measure.
ALLAAHUMMA MAALIKAL MULKI TOO-TIL MULKA MAN TASHAAA-U WA TANZIL-U’L MULKA MIMMAN TASHAAA WA TU’I’ZZU MAN TASHAAA-U WA TUD’ILLU MAN TASHAAA BIYADIKAL KHAYR INNAKA A’LAA KULLI SHAY-IN QADEER TOOLIJUL LAYLA FIN NAHAARI WA TOOLIJUN NAHAARA FIL LAYL WA TUKHRIJUL H’AYYA MINAL MAYYITI WA TUKHRIJUL MAYYITA MINAL H’AYY WA TARZUQU MAN TASHAAA-U BIGHAYRIH’ISAAB
(ALI IMRAN: 26 AND 27)
(9) When Zakariyya saw Maryam receiving her sustenance direct from Allah, he was so much convinced of His extraordinary benevolence and its miraculous nature that he beseeched Him to give him a tayyab (virtuous, blessed and good) son, he could not normally have since his wife was barren.Recitation of this dua’a 7 times after every wajib salat will make your children pious and obedient.
O lord, bestow on me a goodly offspring from You; verily, You are the hearer of prayer.
RABBI HAB LEE MIL LADUNKA D’URRIYYATAN T’AYYIBAH INNAKA SAMEE-U’D DU-A’AA
(ALI IMRAN: 38)
(10) The holy Quran says that all the prophets of Allah who had fought in the way of Allah, never giving in to the enemies of Allah, used to recite this dua’a.
By reason of their steadfastness and their asking for protection and seeking refuge with Allah, Allah granted them victory against infidels, glorified their mission and enhanced their reputation.As human beings we may commit mistakes and not follow the instructions given by Allah, so we must seek His forgiveness with firm determination that we will not commit such sins any more. We must also recite this dua’a to remain firm in our faith no matter what the temptations are, so that we may defeat our enemies and the enemies of Allah.
This dua’a can also be recited to remove hardships and difficulties put in your way by our enemies so as to induce us to give up the right way of doing things as Allah has asked us to do.
O our Lord, forgive us our sins and our excuses in our affairs, and set our foothold firm, and help us against the disbelieving people.
RABBANAGHFIR LANAA D’UNOOBANAA WA ISRAAFANAA FEEE AMRINAA WA THABBIT AQDAAMANAA WAN S’URNAA A’LAL QAWMIL KAAFIREEN
(ALI IMRAN: 147)
(11) The holy Quran says that those who remember Allah and try to understand the nature of His creation recite this dua’a, because in the creation of heavens and the earth and in the difference of night and day are signs of His omnipotence for the men of understanding.
Recite this dua’a in the qunoot of tahajjud (night prayer).
O our lord, You have not created (all) this in vain. Glory be to You. Save us then from the torment of fire.
RABBANAA MAA KHALAOTA HAAD’AA BAAT’TILAA SUBH’AANAKA FAQINAA A’D’AABAN NAAR
(ALI IMRAN: 191)
(12) This is the continuation of dua’a 11. The wise men hear the message of Allah, and, as they have already understood the meaning of the nature of divine creation, readily accept the true faith, the belief in the one and only Allah, seeking His forgiveness for the sins they have committed in the days of ignorance; and not forgetting that Allah (alone0 can keep them on the right path till the last day of their lives in this world, invoke Him to make them die as true believers.
Make a habit of reciting this dua’a because there is nothing worth keeping with yourself except the true faith to the last breath of your life, in order to obtain permanent bliss in the next world. This world is a place of test and trial for you. Even after a whole life time of true faith if a person for a single insignificant moment, does not believe in the one and only almighty Allah in the last breath of his life, he is forever condemned to the fire of hell.
O our Lord, we have indeed heard the voice of crier (messenger) calling (us) to faith: “Believe in your Lord.” So we believed. Our Lord, forgive us then our sins, and remove from us our evil deeds, and make us die with the virtuous.
RABBANAAA INNANAA SAMI’-NAA MUNAADIYAY YUNAADEE LIL-EEMAANI AN AAMINOO BIRABBIKUM FA-AAMANNA RABBANAA FAGHFIR LANAA D’UNOOBANAA WA KAFFIR A’NNAA SAYYII-AATINAA WA TAWAFFANNA MA-A’L ABRAAR(ALI IMRAN: 193)
(13) Through this dua’a the faithful servants of Allah, who have accepted the true religion, revealed by Allah through His messengers, invoke Allah to keep them safe from the same shame and disgrace, the evil-doers will face on the day of judgment, because rewards and favours have been promised only for those who believe in Allah and do good deeds in this world.
Every faithful should recite this dua’a to receive favours of Allah on the day of judgment.
O our Lord, give us what You have promised us through Your messengers, and do not disgrace us on the day of resurrection. Verily, You do not break your promise.
RABBANAA WA AATINAA MAA WA-A’TTANNAA A’LAA RUSULIKA WA LAA TUKHIZNAA YAWMAL QIYAAMAH INNAKA LAA TUKHLIFUL MEE-A’AD
(14) This dua’a should be recited to obtain protection of Allah when calamities surround you, having total faith in His power, with firm determination that you will always thank your Lord for saving you from the calamities.
If He (our Lord) delivers from this, certainly we shall be of the thankful.
LA-IN ANJAANAA MIN HAAD’IHEE LANAKOO-NANNA MINASH SHAAKIREEN
(15) Every true believer must seek Allah’s help to avoid the company of unjust people who not only do not believe in Allah but have gone astray by not following the rules and regulations made by Allah to direct their behaviour in this world.
O our Lord, put us not together with the unjust people.
RABBANAA LAA TAJ-A’LNAA MA-A’L QAWMIZ’Z’AALIMEEN
(16) If hardship, poverty and discomfort come into your life, you as a faithful servant of Allah must recite this dua’a to have patience and self-control to remain firm on the right path and face misfortunes boldly, without ever showing any weakness, or taking any action that has been prohibited, so that you may leave this world as a true muslim, submitting to the will of Allah.
A group of master magicians, on the invitation of Pharaoh, came to show their superiority over Moosa because Pharaoh wrongly thought that Moosa was also a magician. The magicians threw a few ropes on the floor and they took the shape of snakes. Moosa put the staff, he was holding in his hand on the ground. The staff changed into a python and swallowed up the snakes. Pharaoh got angry and threatened to kill them. When the magicians came to know that Moosa was not a magician but a prophet of Allah, and what they saw was a miracle of Allah, they laughed at Pharaoh and recited this dua’a.
O our Lord, pour out on us patience, and make us die as those who have submitted (to You).
RABBANAA AFRIGH A’LAYNAA S’ABRAW WA TAWAFFANAA MUSLIMEEN
(17) A true faithful must always recite this dua’a to seek mercy of the merciful Lord, particularly when he is in the middle of unmanageable difficulties.
To receive the Tawrat Moosa climbed the mountain of Toor and observed fast for 30 days, as directed by Allah. Moosa noticed that on account of fasting his mouth was stinking, so he thought it improper to pronounce the glory of Allah with a stinking mouth, and brushed his teeth. It was considered as an act of disobedience and he was required to observe fast for 10 more days. After 40 days, Moosa came back to his people with Tawrat, but he found his people worshipping the false god of the magician, Saamiree. Seeing this Moosa became angry and criticized his brother Haroon who was acting as lieutenant, in his 40 days absence. Haroon explained that he tried his best to keep them on the right path and warned them against the tricks of magician but they paid no attention to his advice, so his brother (Moosa) should not have included him in the group of unjust followers. Moosa on hearing the explanation of Haroon recited this dua’a.
It is highly recommended to read this dua’a as qunoot in all prayers.
O Allah, forgive me and my brother and admit us to Your mercy, You are the most merciful of the merciful.
RABBIGHFIR LEE WA LI-AKHEE WA ADKHILNAA FEE RAH’MATIKA WA ANTA ARH’AMUR RAAH’IMEEN
(18) Recite this dua’a again and again to take stock of your mistakes and faults as to avoid them in future, and to seek Allah’s protection and forgiveness with firm determination that you will live an honest and pious life to deserve His mercy.
According to holy Quran, Moosa chose his people 70 men, who insisted upon seeing Allah with their own eyes, for an appointed tyrst on the mountain. As soon as they reached there, a trembling came on them. All the 70 men were destroyed. Then Moosa recited this dua’a to beseech Allah to have mercy on him and the pious among his followers.
(O Lord) You are our guardian, so forgive us and have mercy on us and You are the best of the forgivers.
ANTA WALIYYUNNA FAGHFIR LANAA WARH’AMNAA WA ANTA KHAYRUL GHAAFIREEN
(19) This dua’a was also recited by Moosa immediately after the above noted dua’a to invoke Allah to give him and his followers all that which is good in this world and the next world, because it is Allah (alone) who can give whatever His obedient servants ask for. Allah’s mercy enfolds all those wrong-doers who turn repentant unto Him as said in verse 153 of al Araf. Islam assures the sinners that the doors of Allah’s mercy remain open for those who sincerely turn repentant to Allah.
(O Lord) ordain for us good in this world and in the hereafter. Verily we turn to You alone.
WAKTUB LANAA FEE HAAD’IHID DUNYAA H’ASANATAW WA FIL AAKHIRATI INNAA HUDNAAA ILAYK
(20) Whenever Allah revealed the verses of the holy Quran to His last prophet the hypocritic men used to ask each other how could these verses of Allah be of any use to them?
In this verse Allah says that His messenger was very kind to his followers and was anxious not to overburden them, he was full of pity and mercy. When they turned away, Allah asked the Holy Prophet to recite this verse.
This dua’a was recited by the Holy Prophet. We, his followers, must also recite it to put our trust in Allah (alone) and to ask for the fulfillment of all our desires. If recited 66 times daily, it brings honour and respect.
Suffices me Allah. There is no god save Him. On Him do I rely, and He is the Lord of the great ‘ARSH’ (the glorious throne of the mighty power.)
H’ASBIYALLAAH LAAA ILAAHA ILLAA-HUW A’LAYHI TAWAKKALTU WA HUWA RABBUL A’RSHIL A’Z’EEM
(21) When Moosa observed that none from among his people, save a few, trusted him, because they were in fear of Pharaoh and his chiefs, he advised them to put trust in Allah if they had indeed surrendered unto Him, then they recited this dua’a.
We must also recite this dua’a daily to remain firm in our faith and to seek protection of Allah from the harm of our enemies.
O our Lord, make us not a trial for the unjust people. And deliver us by Your mercy from the disbelieving people.
RABBANNA LAA TAJ-A’LNAA FITNATAL LIL-WAQMIZ’ Z’AALIMEEN WA NAJJINAA BIRAH’MATIKA MINAL QAWMIL KAAFIREEN
(YUNUS: 85 and 86)
(22) When Nooh came to know that Allah was going to destroy all that had been created, by drowning the whole world, except those who came on the ark built by him, he advised one of his dons to do the same. His son refused and told his father that he would climb a high mountain, but waves like mountains came and he was drowned. Nooh cried unto his Lord and said his son was his household and that surely the word of Allah came true because He is most just in all judges.
This dua’a is to be recited along-with any other prayer (dua’a) which is recited to seek fulfillment of legitimate desires.
(My) Lord, verily my son is of my family; and verily Your promise is true and You are the most just of all judges.
RABBI INNABNEE MIN AHLEE A INNA WA’-DAKAL H’AQQU WA ANTA AH’KAMUL H’AAKIMEEN
If any of the Quranic verses written in this book is not recited as qunoot in any salat, but prayed as a du-a’a then recite ;in the beginning ALLAAHUMMA S’ALLI A’ALAA MUH’AMMADIN WA AALI MUH’AMMAD Before you say and the text of the verse (du-a’a) and in the end again say ALLAAHUMMA S’ALLI A’ALAA MUH’AMMADIN WA AALI MUH’AMMAD
IMAM ALI IBN ABI TALIB SAYS:Put faith in Allah. Seek His protection. Direct your prayers, requests, solicitations and supplications to Him and Him alone. To give as well as to withhold lies in His power.Ask as much of His favours as you can.
Know that Allah owns the treasures of the heavens and the earth. Not only He has given permission to ask for His mercy and favours, but also has promised to listen to your prayers. He has not appointed guards to prevent your prayers reaching Him. Invoke His help in difficulties and distress. Implore Him to grant you long life and sound health. Pray to Him for prosperity.
Think over it that by simply granting you the privilege of praying for His favours and mercy, He has handed over the keys of His treasures to you.Whenever you are in need, pray, and He gives His favours and blessings.
Sometimes you find requests are not immediately granted. Do not be disappointed. Fulfillment of desires rest in the true purpose or intention of the prayer. More often fulfillment is delayed because merciful Lord wants to bestow upon you suitable rewards. In the meantime bear patiently hardships, believing sincerely in His help. You will get better favours, because, unknowingly you may ask for things which are really harmful to you. Many of your requests, if granted, may bring eternal damnation. So at times, withholding fulfillment is a blessing in disguise.
SAY:S’ALLALLAAHU A’LAYHI WA AALIHEE WA SALLAM Whenever you read or say the name of any epithet or appellation of the Holy Prophet.
SAY:A’LAYHIS SALAAM Whenever you read or say the name or any epithet or appellation of any Imam of Ahl ul Bayt, any prophet or messenger of Allah, and any distinguished member of the family of the Holy Prophet.
SAY:SALAWAATULLAAHI A’LAYHAA Whenever you read or say the name of Fatimah Zahra, Khadija Kubra, Zaynab Binti Ali, Maryam or Asiya.