|When to Perform Tayammum
Perform Tayammum in place of Wudhu or Ghusl when:
1. Not enough water is available for Wudhu or Ghusl.
2. Obtaining water for Wudhu will endanger your life or property or you are unable to procure water by any means.
3. Using the available water will leave insufficient water for drinking and pose a risk of dying of thirst or illness, or difficulty for yourself or your dependents.
4. Washing your face and hands with water will endanger your health.
5. Water is available but you do not have permission to use it.
6. There is a risk that performing Wudhu or Ghusl will cause the time of the entire or a part of the prayer to end.
7. If the body or clothing is ritually impure (najis) and the person possesses only as much water so that if he was to perform Wudhu or Ghusl, no more water would be available for making his body or clothing pure for prayer.
How to Perform Tayammum